Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mighty Tea - Orange Dulce Tea Review

I am not the biggest of tea drinkers.  Sure I may be Canadian but honestly I don't like plain black tea with milk and sugar in it.  I'm not a fan of any other kind of tea in general either.  As a member of makeupalley.com and swapping I was sent some pouches of Mighty Tea's Orange Dulce.  Oh My Goodness!  This tea is enough to turn even a non tea drinker such as myself into a tea drinker!

So even if you are a tea lover of different flavours or one who likes plain black tea with sugar (and milk) you should give Mighty Tea's Orange Dulce a try.  It might give you a whole new respect for flavoured tea.

I have been drinking this tea now for over 7 years.  I don't drink it daily.  I do drink it on cold days and on some hot ones too.  It is sweet and delicious.  It has vanilla and a chocolate flavour to it.  It is way more than tea.  It is a drink experience.

I usually purchase it in a box with 15 pouches individually wrapped so I can take it with me.  I fly 3 to 4 times a year and I like to drink this sometimes on an early morning flight.  Since it comes individually wrapped it is so easy to carry with you in your carry on or purse, even to work.

The best part of this tea is that you don't really need to add sugar to it as it has it's own sweet flavour to it and if you need sugar you only need about half a teaspoon of it.  Now I do add milk to it and many of you probably won't do that.  I find that after dinner I like this best instead of a dessert.  It fills my dessert need and not my calorie count.  On a cold evening I like to sit by the fire and drink this.  mmmmmm

From Mighty Tea's Website - Some Info:

Orange Dulce can be drunk like Organic Earl Grey - in the morning, in the afternoon and after dinner. Instead of serving port after dinner, surprise your guest with this rich, chocolately tea. Pairs well with spicy and nutty foods.

Orange Dulce black tea is a luscious, rich brew teeming with notes of orange, vanilla and jasmine blossoms. Made with Ceylon and China black teas, Orange Dulce brews up a fragrant and full bodied dark tea. Reminiscent of an aged Port, the flavor is sure to please.

Black tea, green tea, jasmine flowers, natural flavors

Leaves:  Medium twisted black leaves

Aroma:  Sweet & enveloping orange and vanilla-caramel

Color:  Rich reddish brown liquor

Taste:  Smooth, full Portuguese port-like body with a sweet finish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+