Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Haus of Gloi Absinthe Sugar Exfolliant Scrub Review


I love when I find a new e-tailer that I just love!  I placed an order from Haus of Gloi and love every item I received.  I am falling in love with sugar scrubs and buying them like crazy.  I ordered from HoG Bubbling Scrubs in Vice, Twice is Nice and Olde Cider Haus.  I also ordered Sugar Exfolliant Scrubs in Lavender and Sugar and Absinthe.  Today I will be reviewing the Sugar Exfolliant Scrub in Absinthe.



I am not a big fan of earthy scents.  When I opened Absinthe I was not pleased with the scent in the jar.  It did not smell like the glycerin soap I received from Summer ScentSations in Absinthe.  Instead this smelled earthy and manly, so not something I want to smell like.  I prefer gourmand, light floral, sweet, citrus or fresh.  This was none of those.

This scrub has sat in my bath and body bin since early December.  I have been using all my other scrubs instead.  The Lavender and Sugar scrub is to die for.  It is great before bed when you want to relax and unwind after a long day.  It has a medicinal lavender to it, not a sweet scent, but I digress.


I was on MakeUpAlley reading in the bath & body forum and someone was talking about how they hated the smell of their Absinthe scrub in the jar but that it smelled good on the body in rinse off products.  I figured I might as well try it.  What did I have to loose?  So Monday night I used for the first time my HoG Absinthe Exfoliating Sugar Scrub.  The scent changed drastically the moment I removed some of it from the jar.  Wow!  Did this scrub now smell like that soap I had.  The lemon and mint scent appeared.  It does smell somewhat earthy but really it smells of lemons, mint and sugar.  It is vastly different from what I would normally use.  Mmmmmm, I plan on using this scrub again tonight.


The consistency is wonderful.  It has oil to it and lots of sugar granules.  It moistens your skin.  I usually apply it in circular motions all over my body at the end of my shower and let it sit for a couple minutes before rinsing it off.  My skin is left soft, smooth and smelling good.  I might rebuy this scent in both of their scrub formulas.  I do imagine that I will try other e-tailers for an absinthe scented scrub.



Ingredients:  Organic cane sugar, sucrose (sugar), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, emulsifying wax NF, cetyl alcohol NF, proprietary fragrance blend, phenoxyethanol (and) caprylyl glycol, chromium oxide green

7.5 oz recyclable jar, safety sealed.




Hauntingly herbal. Wormwood and anise swim in a creamy green sea of lemon balm and soft glowing mints. A hefty lump of sugar and the tiniest drop of suggestive deep green moss.

No stirring required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+