Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ponds Cold Cream is the Best for Facial Skin


Do you ever wonder why some ladies have beautiful skin while you spend $$$ to get yours like theirs?  There is a reason why Ponds Cold cream is still around from our grandmother's days.  It is a tried and true skin care do-it-all!

I have spent a lot of money to figure out how to deal with my oily skin that has cystic acne.  I have tried Clinique, Bioderma, Biotherm, Clarins, Yves Rocher, Avene, Oil of Olay and so on.  Only to be left with oily skin that breaks out all too often.  Purchasing a makeup remover, cleanser, toner, night time moisturizer, daytime moisturizer becomes very expensive even with drugstore brands.  I have many half used creams, cleansers and even toners that broke my skin out or made it oilier.  I would use it for a month and have to give up.  The cystic acne flare-ups were very painful.

Earlier this year I found a bonus 2 pack of Ponds Cold Cream with the green lid on sale and decided I should give it a try, what's the worst it could do?  Give me oily skin?  I had read great things about it and how it can transform your skin.


So at night before I got in the shower I would apply a layer to my whole face and leave it on for 5 - 10 minutes.  I would use a wet crocheted wash cloth and wipe the cold cream off.  I would then rinse the cloth out and use it as an exfoliate and wipe my face with it wet a few more times.  Not only would the cold cream remove all the makeup but the dead skin cells as well.  No more flaky skin in places.  The mineral oil would leave a beautiful moisturizer layer on my skin where I didn't need moisturizer anymore. 

My skin has since cleared up and I don't get oilies.  I don't need rice paper at 10 in the morning either.  My skin isn't tight or flaky due to a moisture imbalance.  I tested this theory of the cold cream fixing my skin in 1 product when I ran out of my second jar and didn't have time to get any for a week or two.  My skin went back to oily, flaky and breaking out.

I highly recommend that you give Ponds Cold Cream a try for a month and see if you are a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+