Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Friday, August 17, 2012

Burt's Bee's Sensitive Skin Cleanser and Daily Moisturizing Cream


As a part of BzzAgent, I was given the ability to sign up for the Burt's Bees Sensitive Solutions Campaign. I was very excited by this as I have sensitive skin that is very red all the time. When my Buzz Kit arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the full size products they sent for me to try. In the package I received:
A full-size Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin Daily Moisturizer
A full-size Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser
Samples and coupons to pass along!
Skin Daily Moisturizer: This moisturizer is clinically proven to moisturize sensitive skin all day without causing redness or irritation. This day cream is formulated with Cotton Extract to minimize the effects of irritants and to replenish the outer layer of skin to keep it supple. Rice Extract moisturizes and Aloe soothes your skin. This daily moisturizer is perfect for daily usage.
I have been using this for awhile now and it has cut back my bright red face I get throughout the day. I also have dry patches on my forehead yet oily patches on my cheeks and nose. In addition I get cystic acne on my chin with oil. This cream has brought all those problems into check in about a week of daily morning usage. IT seems to me that no matter what skin problems you have this cream will work for you. It is very creamy and goes on smooth and absorbs quickly. You do not need much for your face. I use half of what I use of my gel moisturizer.

Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser: This is a soap-free cleaner that is clinically proven to moisturize skin while cleaning away dirt, oil and makeup without over drying or causing redness or irritation. It is formulated with softening Cotton Extract to minimize the effects of irritants and to replenish the outer layer of skin to keep it supple. Rice Extract moisturizes and Aloe soothes your skin. This cleanser is gentle enough for daily usage on the most sensitive skin.
I used this a few times and felt that this cleanser would not wash off my face and did not get it clean. As it was specifically formulated for sensitive skin that is dry, my skin does not fit the bill. I imagine if you do not have oily skin this cleanser would do wonders for you. I really wanted to like it as it is very gentle.
My over all thoughts on this product line: I will continue to use the cream until it becomes to hot out and need to go back to my light weight gel moisturizer in the next couple of months. I will repurchase the cream in October when it becomes chilly and windy out again. The cleanser is not for me but I have oilies so that does not mean it is a bad product. You need to find what works for your skin and its needs. The night cream would be great for dry skin and needs a deep moisturizing at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+